134th Supreme Convention
Facts and things to know about Toronto and Canada
The 134th Supreme Convention will be held in Toronto, Ontario Aug. 2-4, 2016.
• Traveling to Canada? Make sure you have the necessary documentation to enter Canada from another country. Visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp to learn more about what travel documents are needed.
• The Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel will serve as the convention hotel.
123 Queen Street West
• The States Dinner will be held at the Allstream Centre Ballroom, Exhibition Place.
• Transportation from Pearson International Airport to the Sheraton can be done by:
Taxi – approximately $60 Canadian.
Train – approximately $15.25 Canadian.
The Train costs from the airport include $12 for a one way ticket on the UP Express, and $3.25 per ride for the TTC train.
The Union Pearson (UP) Express travels from the airport to Union Station every fifteen minutes, starting at 5:27 am, with a 25 minute travel time. The last train is at 12:57 am. From Union Station, the Sheraton Hotel is a one kilometer (0.6 mile) walk through the PATH underground system. The alternative is to ride the TTC train from Union Station to Queen Station. The Sheraton is a five minute walk from Queen Station, through the PATH underground system.
• For a map of the PATH underground system visit: www.toronto.ca/path/pdf/path_brochure.pdf
• The temperatures in late July/early August are usually between 18 degrees Celsius (64 degrees Fahrenheit) and 26 degrees Celsius (78 degrees Fahrenheit,) but are often known to be warmer than this.
• Canadian currency: Our $1 and $2 currency are coins, commonly referred to as a loonie ($1) and toonie ($2.) All other currency is notes (paper).
• All prices in Canada are rounded to the nearest nickel; the penny is no longer minted in Canada. For example, a price of $8.62 would be rounded to $8.60; $8.63 would be rounded to $8.65. If paying in cash, pennies can be used.
• Using your smartphone or mobile device out of the country can result in significant data and mobile charges. You should contact your service provider for more information, including how to purchase an international voice and data plan.